The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
is a unit under the Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies with an organizational affiliation to the Vice President of Finance. Our mission is to provide superior pre-award service to faculty, staff, and central administration. Our vision is to promote MSU’s reputation as a premier land-grant institution by facilitating the proposal and award process.
OSP offers the following services:
- Review sponsor announcements and interpret rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Assist with proposal preparation by ensuring compliance with university policies and sponsor guidelines.
- Identify potential problems and resolve issues that arise throughout the pre-award lifecycle.
- Act as liaison between MSU principal investigators and sponsor representatives.
- Submit proposals as MSU’s Authorized Organizational Representative.
- Negotiate award terms and conditions and execute agreements on behalf of MSU.
- Communicate with MSU offices (such as University General Counsel, MSU Technologies, Export Controls and Trade Sanctions, Sr. Associate Vice President of Research) to facilitate the proposal and award process.