We are excited to debut the new Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) Newsletter! This is a combined newsletter with content from the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Contract and Grant Administration (CGA), and SPA and we will initially plan to publish twice per year.
If you subscribe to the SPA Listserv you will receive each new issue directly.
- SPA Newsletter - Fall 2016: find good articles written by SPA/OSP/CGA staff on interesting, helpful topics. For instance, you can read about new resources and tools available including short Account Explorer Training Videos, which will provide an easy way to learn how to access project financial and administrative information.
- SPA Newsletter - Spring 2016: includes helpful tips on using Account Explorer along with information on cost sharing basics, who may submit proposals, the NIH transition to subaccounts, and the Fly America Act. Also, look for the Research Administration Project update (aka KC).
- SPA Newsletter - Fall 2015: includes information on the activity log, new cost transfer form, differences between award types, subawards at the proposal stage, participant support costs, and signature authority.
CGA Newsletter Archive
The new SPA newsletter will now cover CGA related topics.
- CGA Newsletter - Issue 1 - Dec 2011: includes topics describing CGA Functions, KFS Route Log, Meal Reimbursements, Rush Transactions, and Who can sign for a PI if they are unable to sign.
- CGA Newsletter - Issue 2 - Jan 2012: includes information about Subawards, Processing Subaward Invoices, Purchasing Computers, and Closing Accounts.
- CGA Newsletter - Issue 3 - Feb 2013: includes information regarding Speaker Fees, CGA Subaward email, Documentation Needed for Audit, Common Prior Approvals, Tips for Processing Transactions, Grant vs. Contract, and Travel Advances.
- CGA Newsletter - Issue 4 - Dec 2013: includes information about the NIH Award Number Transition, Hardship Extensions, Cost Share, Project vs. Budget End Dates, Audit Updates, Upcoming Trainings, and NIH eRA Commons IDs.
- CGA Newsletter - Issue 5 - June 2014: includes information regarding what type of KFS document to use for transactions, Audit Update, when to Ad-Hoc CGA, are Gift Cards allowable, what info to include on KFS docs, Meals on restricted accounts, and Fiscal Year end.
- CGA Newsletter - Issue 6 - Dec 2014: includes information about Uniform Guidance, P-Cards, eRA Commons IDs, PI Certification for Sub Invoices, and Affordable Care Act fee.