This job aid outlines the steps for completing and editing a Global Activities e-Disclosure. Please refer to our Global Activities e-Disclosure FAQs page if you have questions about the types of activities that need to be disclosed. For general information related to issues of non-domestic influence, please refer to our Non-Domestic Influence FAQs. Disclosure requirements by agency, including examples of what must be included, can be found on the Current and Pending/Other Support Requirements by Sponsor webpage.
- All MSU Investigators (PIs, Co-PIs, Co-Is) and Key Personnel included on federal proposal submissions
- Annually, and
- Within thirty days of acquiring any new resources or relationships with any non-U.S. entities or with any change in details/relationships with current global activities.
- Access the disclosure through the Global Activities e-Disclosure link, or from the Frequently Used Tools section of the Sponsored Programs website.
- Log-in using your MSU NetID and Password. You will be prompted to log-in using two-factor authentication if you have not already done so for another MSU system.
- Answer the Global Activities e-Disclosure question that appears in the blue box, by clicking the circular button next to the Yes or No responses. Please refer to our Global Activities e-Disclosure FAQs page if you have any questions about completing this disclosure.
If your answer is No, proceed with step 4. If your answer is Yes, skip to step 6.
- If you answered “No, I don’t have any new global activities disclosures at this time,” click one of the pink Submit buttons.
- Once you click Submit, a Complete Certification box will appear with a certification statement. To complete your Global Activities e-Disclosure, read the statement and click the Submit Certification button. If you would like to return to your Global Activities e-Disclosure, click the Close button. Proceed to step 13 for additional information on completing your disclosure.
- If you answered, “Yes, I need to add or edit a global activities disclosure,” a pop-up message with disclosure instructions will appear. After reading the instructions, click the Close button to close the message.
- Click the Add a Global Activity button to add a new global activity, or click the Edit button next to the previously reported global activity that you would like to change.
- If you are adding a new global activity, complete the following fields in the Add/Edit Global Activities e-Disclosure window. If you are editing a previously added global activity, continue to step 9.
- *Organization Name – The name of the Organization for the global activity.
- City – The name of the City where the Organization is located, if known.
- *Country – The name of the Country where the Organization is located.
- Approximate Dollar Amt. – If you are being paid by the Organization, please indicate the amount of pay you have received or anticipate receiving in US Dollars. If you know you will be compensated, but are unsure of the amount, you can estimate the amount or leave a note in the Description field. If you will not be paid, enter $0.
- *Start Date – The date your relationship with, or resources from, the Organization began.
- End Date – The date your relationship with, or resources from, the Organization will end. If the activity is ongoing leave this field blank.
- *Type of Activity - When you click in this field, a list of activity types with checkboxes will appear, as shown in the image below. Select all that apply. When you have finished selecting the activity types, click elsewhere within the form to hide the list and continue.
- *Description of Activity – Provide a brief description of the relationship with, or resources from, the Organization. This field is limited to 2,000 characters.
* Fields with a red asterisk are required in order to add a global activity.
- If you are editing a previously added global activity, all of the fields from step 8 will be available to revise. There will also be an Active checkbox that can be checked/unchecked when editing an activity. Marking an activity as inactive indicates that it is not an activity that needs to be disclosed and certified.
- Once the fields have been completed or updated, click the Save button. If you do not want to add/edit the global activity, click the Cancel button.
- Once saved/cancelled, you will return to the Global Activities e-Disclosure screen. From here you will see the newly added/edited global activity in your list of disclosures. Notice that there is no date in the Latest Certification Date field and the field is highlighted in pink. This field is updated by the system when the disclosure has been submitted and certified (process described in the following steps). To add/edit additional global activities either click the Add a Global Activity button or the Edit button(s) and follow the instructions in steps 8 through 10. Once you have finished adding/editing your activities, click the Submit button.
- Once you click Submit, a Complete Certification window will appear with a certification statement. To complete your Global Activities e-Disclosure, read the statement and click the Submit Certification button. If you would like to return to your Global Activities e-Disclosure, click the Close button.
- Once you have clicked the Submit Certification button your disclosure is complete. You can access your disclosure to add/edit global activities at any time. Global activities must be disclosed within thirty days of acquiring any new resources or relationships with any non-domestic entities, or with any change in details/relationships with current global activities. Your Global Activities e-Disclosure must be updated annually.
- To print a copy of your global activities, click the Convert this Page to PDF button at the bottom of the Global Activities e-Disclosure screen.
NOTE: Completing the Global Activities e-Disclosure does not remove the need to provide this information on other disclosures such as Current and Pending/Other Support with grant applications, conflict of interest disclosures, intellectual property disclosures, etc.